Ok so I am a little late on posting about Christmas but oh well.....
So here is the scoop- we all did Christmas in our own individual families this year. So Mom, Dad, and I loaded up "Santa's Sleigh" (as my sis-in-law Debbie appropriately named it) and headed around to all my siblings houses. Here is Dad and my bro-in-law Aaron shoveling snow out by "Santa's Sleigh"
Camila LOVED her presents including: A TON of new clothes, a jolly jumper/saucer/play station thing.Eduardo showing off part of their present. This year Mom and Dad gave everybody a ton of 72 hour kit stuff and then a few big presents. They were excited with their two garbage sacks of presents.... little did they know what was about to come....
Eduardo and Debbie's big present was a new couch/love seat set that they have been wanting. They were so excited!If this expression doesn't say "I LOVE CHRISTMAS" I don't know what does....
Next we headed up to Jen & Aaron's house to see what the kiddos got..
Their house looked so cute with all the snow on it, so we got a picture. Lehi got DUMPED on apparently!
Erika was outside wathing "Bop" and her dad shovel snow and showing off the present I made for her. She loves this fleece blanket my brother made for my sister YEARS ago and always wants to cuddle with it... so I made her one of her own, and it's PINK!!
(yes I have done my best to influence her to take after her Aunt Becca Boo... she LOVES pink and shoes! BOO YEAH Baby Girl!!)Landon was showing off one of Erika's toys. he is so stinking cute!!!!
So Jen and Aaron's really big present was insulation. When dad walked in with it, I was a little uncertain... then I had an "ah hah" moment and realized that for their big present, dad was going to finish their family room in their basement. They were so excited!!!!
Michael and Chelsy's big present was a crazy nice inflatable kayak. Chelsy is a total outdoorsy person, and we LOVE having a kayak down at Lake powell...
(A little background into what they are talking about... At Lake Powell the boys always take down golf clubs and hit floating golf balls off the top of the houseboat. Chelsy floats around in the Kayak and picks them up as they hit them, and bring them back to them. This year Chels got Michael an insanely nice new club to complete his set so he is excited about how far he'll be able to hit the balls off the houseboat now.)
After going around to all their houses, we decided to head up to Zermatt, a resort up in Midway. Debbie's cute sister Amy let us use their insanely nice town house up there. We took them to Lake Powell in August so in return they let us use their town house for Christmas... THANKS MATT AND AMY!!!
Of course, no Gilbert Family activity would be complete without a flat or blown out tire... Surprise! The Snowmobile trailer tire was FLAT..My sister thought it'd be funny to make a funny face... see how funny it is now Jen?? ;)
My mom is a Christmas junkie- so every year we drag it out as long as possible. Christmas Night we get one more present, and it is usually something we REALLY REALLY wanted and are all bummed all day that we didn't get it... This year Mom got all of us coats! I have been wanting the coat I got for like 6 months so I was SO excited!!!
Here are Chelsy (sis in law) and Erika showing off their coatsJen got a way nice "winter white" coat. Clearly she is a little excited
Jen an I showing off our coats- no comment on my nasty appearance please... it had been a long day!
My siblings and I showing off our coats.
Aaron, Jen, me, Eduardo, Debbie, Erika Lynn, Mikey, and ChelsyThe next day we decided to go swimming after we got done snowmobiling... Landon clearly LOVED it. He sat like that the whole time they were in the pool.
We let him put his little toes in the hot tub for a minute, then tried to convince him to come back in the pool. As you can see, he thought he was pretty funny by making us make a fool out of ourselves. Can you tell he is the center of attention??
He just thinks he is so funny- we all thin he is so cute!
My brother is crazy.... watch this video- it will all make sense.
Poor Landon gets NASTY colds that all turn into like bronchitis stuff where he gets croupe really bad.... well he has to have a breathing treatment a few times a day. He has learned that it makes him feel better so he is pretty good about sitting there. He's such a good kid.After his breathing treatment he always runs around and plays because he isn't coughing up a storm.
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
2 months ago
2 comments:
Becca! Awe...family bonding time at Christmas! Love it. But I can't believe you posted that picture of you in your pink coat...nasty! Haha...TOTALLY kidding. What a super cute coat. I want one!!!
Great post!!! That was such a blast huh?!? Thanks for posting so many crazy hot pics of me!!! j/k love ya
p.s. I love your pink coat... like I always say, "that just screams Becca."
Post a Comment