Thursday, April 23, 2009

MOOOOOOOOO

Ok so I have posted many times about my love for Oregon. I really think North Powder, Oregon is about as great a place as you can find. Population?? Surprisingly very high... if you count the cows! Seriously. It is great!

This past weekend my cousin Eli and I celebrated tax season ending (Eli is a CPA) by heading up to Oregon to go work my uncles cows. For those of you who have never worked cows- I'll just give you a highlight as to what it entails: Rounding up the cows, moving the cows to the corrals, separating the cows between calves and heifers, then running them through the chutes so that they can be branded, castrated, de-horned, and given a few shots.... sounds like fun right? It totally is!

I got a rockin' awesome farmers tan... fabulous! But a farmers tan is better than no tan... that's my new motto.

Other things we did while in Oregon: Bought awesome new Maui Jim Sunglasses (Thanks Hill and Nic!!!), went to the Powder Valley High School Halibut Feed, Took a nap on Aunt Pam's tramp, Played fetch with some dogs, got a rash from alf-alfa, drove a John Deere tractor for the first time in my life, rode down Anthony Lakes Highway sitting on a bail of hay on the back of a flat bed attached to the John Deere Tractor, got cow crap all over all of my clothes... walk it off, ate awesome food (Thanks Pam and Les!), became the designated jungle gym for all the little kids, watched the Blazers get rocked... that was a rough one for my cousins. I was ok with it. Reminsced about Grandma Roach, planned the Bingham Reunion for this summer, got to hang out with a lot of cousins that I don't see too often, and some that I do. And drove my Uncle's new and very sexy Chevy Silverado Duramax 2500....

When my mom asked how my trip was I said, "Well, I have a mother of a farmer's tan, I smell like crap (literally), and my butt is so sore from riding...." and Mom's response was, "Then it was a successful Oregon trip!"

In case you haven't caugh on yet... I LOVE OREGON. I love my aunts and uncles and cousins up there! I love doing ranch work! I love playing with all the kids! I love the environment! Most of all... I love that I can always count on having a good time with family!

(Don't worry... pictures are coming)

0 comments: