It's official people.... I am in denial! I got a text from my mom this morning saying we were going to go boating and I debated on whether I would go or not today since we already had plans. Then it hit me, this is the last boating trip with my sister and her family. They are moving to Henderson, NV next Friday.
Apparently for the last couple of months I have been in denial that this is actually happening. I don't let myself think about it because I break down in tears. Call me crazy, but my niece and nephew are my best buddies. The thought of going to my parents house and not having them come running to the door with big smiles and hugs and kisses in tow kills me. A week from now they will be starting their new life in Vegas and I am not entirely sure what to think of this concept.
Then there's my sister who is the person who can always pull me out of a bad mood, even when I am having the worst day ever. She is always the one I call when I have had a bad day or have just gotten in a fight with a roommate or boy or anything like that. I always go up to her house for sleep overs when I need a break from my life for a day or two. And I can always count on her and Aaron to perk me up.
I know I will be going down for Erika's birthday in just a few weeks, and it is only a 6 hour drive... but other than Michael's mission, the farthest anybody in our family has lived away from each other was when I was in school at SUU... a Whoppin 3 hours away :)
Don't get me wrong, I am so incredibly excited for them! Aaron has worked SO hard for this and I know it will be such a great experience for them! And hey, it's only for a few years.... And I know Erika and Landon are going to LOVE being able to go swimming every day, all year long. And I know they are gonna make friends so fast and that they will just love it down there!
Anyway, this is a depressing post, but Tiff is still asleep and I don't have cell reception at my apartment (awesome right?) so this was the only way I could "talk it out." My apologies....
My next post will be much happier. It will be about Lake Powell!!!!!
1 comments:
You can still call me anytime you want, and my doors are still always open!!! We LOVE you and will miss you too!!!
Post a Comment